A full membership subscription to the Queensland Finch Society includes 12 copies of the magazine: Finch News.
Finch News began publication with the founding of the Queensland Finch Society Inc in 1969. In its original form it consisted of a photocopied sheet … how times have changed! The magazine is now published monthly and includes 32 pages of articles and full colour photos.
Each Finch News issue contains:
- Essential information about the Society including Meeting details;
- The Latest Avicultural News & Events;
- Stock Market (Buy, Swap & Sell)
- Detailed Sales Table & Mail Order Service from Australian Wildlife Supplies
- A wealth of general finch articles. Articles are submitted from around the world by aviculturists of all types, ages and experiences.
- The magazine works as a blending ground for avicultural thoughts, methods and myths.
All members and aviculturists are welcome to submit articles and photographs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Each year a competition is held in November to select the next year’s cover. All current members are eligible to enter. Previous winners include:
2017: Pair of Chesnut Breasted Munias. Photograph by Russell Kingston.
2016: Pair of Red Hooded Siskins. Photograph by Cheryl Mares.
2015: St. Helena Waxbill bathing. Photograph by David Pace.
2014: Melba Cock (Green Winged Pytilia). Photograph by Chris Leeper.
Material in FINCH NEWS does not always reflect the views of the QUEENSLAND FINCH SOCIETY INC. The Society reserves all rights in FINCH NEWS. No matter contained herein may be reprinted without the written permission of the Society. Part of this agreement will include that the following information accompany each article ….. “The following article was reproduced from FINCH NEWS, the official publication of the Queensland Finch Society Inc, PO Box 1074, Park Ridge QLD 4125, Australia.